With war entering fourth week, US increases support for Ukraine as diplomatic efforts to secure ceasefire continue.
- One person was killed and three injured when debris from a downed rocket hit a Kyiv apartment block, as Russian forces press in on the capital.
- Ukraine says Russia attacked a theatre and a pool facility in Mariupol where “hundreds” of civilians were sheltering. Moscow denies the claim.
- US President Joe Biden calls. US President Joe Biden calls his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, a “war criminal”, announces an additional $800m in security assistance to Ukraine.
- Ukraine’s President Volodomyr Zelenskyy addresses United States Congress, repeats calls for a no-fly zone. Putin says Moscow will achieve its goals in Ukraine as Kremlin slams Biden’s comments about the Russian president as “unacceptable”.
- Turkey’s foreign minister will visit Ukraine after talks in Russia to push for a ceasefire.
- More than three million Ukrainians have been forced to flee the country, while two million others are internally displaced, according to the United Nations.